Inspired by the Olympics? Come and have a go!
Team GB rowers are set to lead the medal rush in Rio, have they inspired you to have a go yourself?
Don’t worry Lycra is not compulsory (yet) but why not pop down to Tyne United Rowing Club to discover what the sport is all about?
We have planned several informal free Olympic Taster Sessions which will last about an hour.
You will get a chance to ask lots of questions, see our squads in action and learn about the equipment. Test your technique and power on our rowing machines and then try your hand, under instruction, in our fantastic rowing tank.
All you have to do is chose from one the dates listed below and complete the form; we have sessions for juniors and adults. Just pick the age category and date appropriate for you from the drop down menu. The sessions run from 6.00pm – 7.00pm and 7.00pm – 8.00pm.
Training shoes and clothing you can move around in comfortably is probably best.
If you can’t make those dates we do have a drop in afternoon on Saturday 3 September between 1.00pm and 4.00pm, just drop us a line if you would like to attend.
Tyne United offer a range of Learn to Row Courses as well as social rowing sessions on Mondays and Wednesdays when not pop along and find out more.
- Be a part of something great @Naomi Baker Be a part of something great @Naomi Baker
- Close finish @AndrewPalmer Close finish @AndrewPalmer
- Competing in the Explore Series Competing in the Explore Series
- Indoor Rowing Machine Challenge @naomi baker Indoor Rowing Machine Challenge @naomi baker
- Tyne United Masters Women at Nottingham Tyne United Masters Women at Nottingham
- The weather isn't always like this The weather isn't always like this
- Great Tyne Row humour and endurance Great Tyne Row humour and endurance
View the embedded image gallery online at: