Tuesday, 16 May 2017 10:11
Durham City Regatta
Well done everyone and thank you to all the parent helpers, the junior section had 6 wins despite the absence of several crews due to exams and other commitments. We had 4 composite crews with Hexham for the J13 girls. Almost all crews won their first race and lots of crews reached the finals. It was bit windy for most of the weekend which made steering difficult but apart from that the conditions were good.
Winning Crews on Saturday:
- J15.1x - Michael Bessent
- J16.1x - Ethan Taylor-Foley
- J15.2x - Michael Bessent and Will Viney
- J16.2x - 1st Matt Hudson and Ethan Taylor-Foley
Matt Hudson and Tom Brewer rowed up to J18.2x and reached the final after beating some good crews. Luke Taylor won his first two heats in the J15 single. Other rowers who also performed well today were Georgia, Maisie, Charlotte, Amelia (cox), Elizabeth, Sophia, Ethan King, Max Forrest and Fraser Hutt.
Winning Crews on Sunday:
- WJ13.2x - Charlotte and Maisie
- J15.4x+ - Will, Ethan K, Chas and Luke
Georgia, Elizabeth, Elysia, Harriet, Ella, Marnie and Sophia also rowed well and Amelia coxed well as usual. Elizabeth rowed well in her first race in a single. The J13 girls quad and J14 girls quad got to the final. Well done everyone.
Friday, 05 May 2017 14:28
Chester-le-Street Regatta results.
We were involved in 54 races yesterday, there were 320 entries for the event and over 200 races. Most juniors won their first heat and most progressed through semi-finals to finals.
We had 3 all TURC finals as follows:
- WJ14 2x Elizabeth/Sophia v Marnie/Ella won by Elizabeth/Soph
- J15 1x Michael and Will won by Michael
- J16 1x Ethan T-F and Matt H won by Ethan
Due to the high number of competing crews the J15 2x was a trophy race, well done to Michael and Will for winning the Cameron Strongarm Trophy for the club.
The J13 girls (Georgia, Maisie and Charlotte) had their own quad for the first time ever which was a composite crew with Hayley from Hexham RC. There were 6 crews in their event and they won all their races including the final even though they had never rowed together before!
We also had the following wins:
- WJ16 4x- Lucy, Dulcie, Hannah, Lily
- J15 2x Michael and Will
- J16 2x Matt H and Ethan T-F
Photos courtesy of Angela's Rowing Photographs
Monday, 24 April 2017 19:50
The Northern Region were 7th out of 12 regions which is good considering the low number of rowers in our region compared to some of the other regions.
The following crews reached the A final:
- J14 2x Sam L and Ethan K were 6th out of 11 crews overall
- J15 2x Michael and Will were 5th out of 11 crews overall
The following crews were in the B final:
- WJ16 4x- Lucy F, Hannah H, Catherine, Dulcie were 11th out of 12 crews overall
- J16 2x Matt H and Tom B were 7th out of 12 crews overall
- J16 4x Ethan T-F in CLS composite was 9th out of 9 crews overall Our club managed to get a lot of points for the region.
Out of 9 clubs representing the region we were 2nd behind Chester-le-Street ARC.
Well done everyone for being selected to represent the region and for performing well against top crews from the whole of England and Wales.
Sunday, 26 March 2017 16:32
Ponteland Head - Tyne United Junior Squad win Victor Ludorum Trophy
It has been confirmed that Tyne United Junior Squad won the Victor Ludorum Trophy at the 2017 Ponteland Head.
Sunday, 11 December 2016 11:28
This weekend saw TURC juniors competing in the Northumberland Indoor Rowing Championships and also at BRIC (British Rowing Indoor Championships) winning a record number of medals in both competitions and Michael breaking a World record for the 500m (13 to 14 years) and Jamie breaking the previous British record for 500m under 12.
Sunday, 27 November 2016 08:30
Well done all crews.
W.J16A.4x- (Division 1)
- Lucy F, Daisy, Hannah H and Dulcie - 1st place
J16A.4x- (Division 2)
- Michael, Will, Matt H and Ethan T-F - 3rd place (only 1.1 secs behind York in 2nd)
W.Nov.4x+ (Division 1)
- Catherine, Taylor, Harriet and Emily. Cox Elysia - 1st Place
IM3.4x+ (Division 2)
- Max, Tom H, Chas and Luke. Cox Taylor - 3rd place
- Jed, Sam B, Mark and Mathew R. Cox Lucy F - 1st place
The above IM3 crews had been upgraded a category as there was insufficient competition in their original category so very well done.