Adult Learn to Row
Winter edition of Adult Learn to Row: An 8-week course starting on Sunday 7th January 2024 (10:00-12:00) and continuing until Sunday 25th February 2024.
If you cannot make the winter course, another course is planned to take place later in the spring around March time, dates to be confirmed here.
We can guarantee that:
- You will find it amazingly rewarding when you get it right
- You will start to bore your family and friends about how great rowing is
- You will not be able look a stretch of water and not want to row on it
- Your body shape will change (in a good way!)
- Your fitness and flexibility will improve
- You realise that no one at your local gym knows how to use an ergo (rowing machine) properly
- Your car boot will be invaded by muddy wellies and bags of extra rowing kit
The 8-week course will start indoors with an introduction to our friendly club, shortly moving onto our rowing machines and indoor tank where you will learn the basic rowing technique and how to handle boats. After some sessions of practice, you will venture out onto the river, of course accompanied by some of our experienced volunteering club members. We strongly recommend that you attend all the sessions to avoid dips in your learning curve! Once you have completed the Adult Learn to Row course there will be an opportunity to hone your skills by continuing a Development programme and if all things go well, you are then invited to join the Club as a regular member, focusing either on recreational rowing or more committed race rowing – starting with the Sunday League run by Northern Rowing!