Tyne United New Years Head 2019
Results now published
The Tyne United / Durham University Boat Club New Years head will take place on Saturday 19th January 2019. Racing 4.5km upstream on the River Tyne from Scotswood to Newburn. A great start to the 2019 head racing season.
Division 1: 10:30 (Provisional start)
W4+, W4-, W4x-, W4x+, WJ18 4x-, WJ18 4+
OJ16 4x-, OJ16 4+
W-MAS 8+, O-MAS 4x-, O-MAS 4x+, O-MAS 4-, O-MAS 4+,
O2x, O2-, OJ18 2x, oj18 2-, MAS Mxd 2x
Division 2 1:30pm (Provisional start)
O4+, O4-,O4x-,O4x+, OJ18 4x-, OJ18 4+,
WJ16 4x-, WJ16 4+, MAS Mxd 4x,
O-MAS 8+, W-MAS 4x-, W-MAS 4x+, W-MAS 4-, W-MAS 4+,
W2x, W2-, WJ18 2x, WJ18 2-
- Held under British Rowing Rules, BR Rules of Racing and RowSafe: a Guide to Good Practice in Rowing.
- Crews and coxes MUST be capable of racing in challenging conditions on a tidal river
- Age restriction: All competitors must be J15 or older
- Close of entries: Entries online only on BROE2 and will close at 12 noon Sat 12th January 2019
- Payment: Entry fees must be paid through BROE2 by 6pm on Sunday 13th January 2019
- Draw: 8pm on Sunday 13th January 2019 at Tyne United Rowing Club
- Entries will be limited to 65 per division for safety reasons, and time spent marshalling.
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TURC Hew Years Head Poster 2019
Tyne Safety Code
Instructions for crews
Start – finish plan 2019